- Basic requirements of grouping, communication, leading and engagements.
Estimated duration: 30-40mins
Lead: Chief. Neil [Actual]
1. Hurrey, TRAINEE [A1]
2. Topdogs, TRAINEE [A2]
A session to get first impressions of how we get into groups and COMMS channels, who leads your groups and events, and how we know what our call sign is and what they mean. You'll also learn what changes to your handle you are to make and what it means to 'go tactical'. All whilst following proper COMMS procedure.
Below, is what you can expect to encounter.
1. Readiness prior to briefing start: PC, microphone, TeamSpeak loaded. Exercise channel entered. Pen and paper for note taking
o Briefing: TeamSpeak required only, academic-type session, handles are up, Q+A
2. Quiet COMMS:
o Clear COMMS initiated for the proceeding training duration
o Call signs and any formalities
o Asking questions
3. Your Lead, Actual, 2nd Lead and group actual
4. Organising a group:
o NB - You can find your grouping on the event page prior(within 15mins) to training start
o Altering your TeamSpeak handle
5. Going tactical and commitment:
o Tactical alert
o Manning stations and arming yourselves
o Reporting and quite COMMS
o Combat readiness check (with exercise)
o Tactical SOP and Q+A
7. Getting familiar with COMMS shorthand and tactical SOP for Basics 2 - combat
8. COMMS free open Q+A
- Training END.
Please remember these important things:
1. Be punctual and bring your best self-confidence to learn
2. Don't forget to sign-up beforehand. If you have questions or wish to advise us of conditions, please attempt to do so in a timely fashion before training
3. Bring a pen and paper for note taking
4. Please take a look at the Basics Training Forum before attending
All the best.